Listen to authors, actors, and students read and perform pieces from New England Review in our NER Out Loud podcast.
FROM OUR PAGES
You can also listen to individual pieces from recent issues of NER, read by the author, unless noted otherwise. Look for the [AUDIO] tag on the Table of Contents, and click to listen. Here are some recent examples:
- ROBERT LOPEZ Coming from Nowhere [AUDIO]
- ALESSANDRA LYNCH Going [AUDIO]
- EMILY JUNGMIN YOON Elsewhere [AUDIO]
- MAX FRISCH Little Diary of a German Journey, trans. Linda Frazee Baker [AUDIO], read by the translator
- JAN BEATTY The Body Wars [AUDIO]
- GREGORY JOHNSON Daddy’s Aitch [AUDIO]
- NOAH BOGDONOFF Indoor Animals [AUDIO], read by Zachary Varricchione
- FRANÇOIS SCARBOROUGH CLEMMONS From the Beginning [AUDIO]
- ALLA GORBUNOVA trans. by Elina Alter Biomass [AUDIO], read by Masha Makutonina
- DIDI JACKSON The Burning Bush [AUDIO]
- JAY PARINI A Beer with Borges [AUDIO]
- HENRY KEARNEY, IV Shotgun Elegy [AUDIO], read by Will Koch
- ANNE RAEFF Chinese Opera [AUDIO], excerpt read by Gabby Valdivieso
- BOB HICOK Sweet [AUDIO], read by Pele Voncujovi
- EMILY GEMINDER Phnom Penh 2012 [AUDIO], read by Emily Ma
- C. K. WILLIAMS I Shot a Frog I Shot a Bird [AUDIO], read by Will Koch
FROM BREAD LOAF
And view the latest audio posts here.
NER OUT LOUD LIVE
If you’re local—or happen to be passing through Middlebury—be sure to come to our annual NER Out Loud live event, where you can hear works from NER read by student actors and orators from Middlebury College. Or listen to past events by clicking through!