The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses series, published every year since 1976, is the most honored literary project in America. Since 1976, hundreds of presses and thousands of writers of short stories, poetry and essays have been represented in their annual collections.
Three works from NER are represented in the 2017 anthology:
- Emma Duffy-Comparone for “The Devil’s Triangle” from NER 36.4
- Lisa Taddeo for “Forty-Two” from NER 36.1
- Eric Wilson for “I Sing You for an Apple” from NER 36.2
Special Mentions are also given to:
- Camille Dungy for “A Shade North of Ordinary” from NER 36.2
- Cate Marvin for “High School in Suzhou” from NER 36.1
- Ocean Vuong for “To My Father / To My Unborn Son” from NER 36.1.
- And to our fiction editor Janice Obuchowski for “Sully” in the Gettysburg Review.
The anthology can be purchased now from Pushcart Press’s distributor, W.W. Norton, and independent booksellers. We congratulate our authors on this recognition!